Monday, January 29, 2007

The Underrated Party @ Sin-E

Saturday morning I woke up like it was Christmas day, cause I knew in less than 12 hrs I would be seeing the amazing White Rabbits and Liam and Me grace the stage of the soon to be defunct indie rock venue Sin-E. (sad face)
The White Rabbits were great with just an extremely tight live set. I had seen them play at Pianos during CMJ this year and was impressed but I was stuck in the bottleneck entrance bc it was completely packed, so I could only really hear them and not see them. I can't wait til they master this record and give it to me so I can post some amazing songs on here.

White Rabbits @ Sin-E (my camera was having tech difficulties so this was the only one that is sort of not THAT wack)

Liam and Me went on at around 12:45AM and rocked the house to a PACKED, I mean PACKED crowd


Now, I've seen this band perform in over 5 states, countless times, from small to big venues, and I have to say I have never seen them enjoy playing as much as they did that night. The sound was great (except for when the sound mixer would leave the booth all of a sudden Matt's vocals would go way down) and they debuted two new songs! Everything sounded right but Briks drumming was particularly on point. I never really appreciated how damn talented this guy is. I mean the band told me he is so good that other bands try to steal him away all the time, but I thought it was just his sparkling personality?! Plus he can do all those crazy stick tricks! The crowd was crazy, almost everyone in the front was singing along to every word!

Matt does the best hand movements, I wanna get him a madonna lace hand sock thingie for his birthday


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There apparently is this tradition that they do in Jersey where Mikey (their merch person and confidant) bangs on the drums with Briks during "Don't Say A Word"

I just love hand claps in any song

More pictures from that night, including the after party can be found here

I heart these people...

MATT (vox/keys/guitar)

LARKIN (guitar/vox)

MCKENZIE (bass)

BRIKS (drums)


Liam and Me - Dont Say a Word.mp3

1 comment:

n. said...

there is an overwhelming amount of pretty boy in this blog entry.

and wtf, no mention of the hot and awesome dj?